170-304 Aza Yamada, Kutchan-Cho, Abuta Gun, Hokkaido, Japan
Office Hours: 08:00 – 20:00 during winter peak period
- A valid passport
- Flight E-ticket & itinerary
- Travel itinerary outlining accommodation, transfers & lift passes
- Any vouchers for services e.g. Lessons/Rental or other Services
- Travel insurance documents
Cash withdrawal using a non-Japanese bank card from an ATM is not available. Credit cards are not acceptable at rest stations on the mountains or the food court.
- Paracetamol, cold & flu tablets, anti-inflammatories (good or strong medication can be difficult to get hold of in Japan)
- International power adapter for Japan Region Type “A” output. Ensure that your appliances have switching power supply and states: “Input/100v-240v” to be able to use your appliance in Japan. Appliances such as foreign hairdryers will not work in Japan.
Please see the following links for information which could help with your transfer, should you have any questions;
- Fares and timetables for Japan Railway Company (Shinkansen, Tokyo – Morioka Station or Appi Kogen Station): http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/
- Information regarding the JR East Pass (Tohoku area) available to foreigners outside of Japan: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_t/index.html#locations
Please note: to exchange your E-ticket for the JR East Pass at the JR service desk at Haneda Airport, this desk does not open until 07:45am.
- General access information for Appi Kogen (covers accessing Appi from Morioka Station): http://www.appi-japan.com/welcome-to-appi/howto-gethere.html
From Morioka Station, Iwate Kenpoku buses run directly to Appi Kogen Resort, departing from the bus pool at West Exit No. 26 (through Shinkansen North Exit). If you arrive outside the bus operation times, JR Hanawa Line trains run direct to Appi Kogen Station and are free for customers with a JR East Pass. From Appi Kogen Station, there are free shuttle buses operating to Appi Kogen Resort. Shuttle buses do not run for early morning and late night trains.
If you are continuing on to the airport, at Tokyo Station exit the Shinkansen ticket gates and follow the signs to the Narita Express. Take the escalators down to the Sobu Line where the train departs from platform 4.
The same as other resorts in Japan, it is best arrange your rentals and lessons in advance. English speaking instructors are available, however lesson availability is limited during peak times, so to avoid disappointment we recommend that you pre-book before you leave home.