170-304 Aza Yamada, Kutchan-Cho, Abuta Gun, Hokkaido, Japan
Office Hours: 08:00 – 20:00 during winter peak period
- A valid passport
- Flight E-ticket & itinerary
- Travel itinerary outlining accommodation, transfers & lift passes
- Any vouchers for services e.g. Lessons/Rental or other Services
- Travel insurance documents
If traveling by train, you can check train the latest train schedules on http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
You should obtain Japanese Yen in cash before you depart for Japan, for spending on meals and drinks. Credit card payments and currency exchange is available at the hotel reception desk. Credit Cards are accepted at most shops within the resort.
There is no ATM is available within the resort. The closest ATM is located at 7-Eleven approx. 7 km away or 15 minutes drive away.
- Paracetamol, cold & flu tablets, anti-inflammatories (good or strong medication can be difficult to get hold of in Japan)
- International power adapter for Japan Region Type “A” output. Ensure that your appliances have switching power supply and states: “Input/100v-240v” to be able to use your appliance in Japan. Appliances such as foreign hairdryers will not work in Japan.
If you have pre-booked transfers through SkiJapan.com, please refer to your itinerary for directions on where you need to go.
If you have arranged your own transfer, please refer to your supplier’s information about what you need to do.
Please see the following links for information which could help with your transfer, should you have any questions;
- Fares and timetables for Japan Railway Company (Shinkansen, Tokyo – Nagano Station – Iiyama Station): http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/
- Information regarding the JR East Pass (Tohoku area) available to foreigners outside of Japan: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_t/index.html#locations
Please note: to exchange your E-ticket for the JR East Pass at the JR service desk at Haneda Airport, this desk does not open until 07:45am. For Narita, JR service desks do not open until 08:15am
- Fares and timetables for Nagano Snow Shuttle (Tokyo – Nagano): https://www.naganosnowshuttle.com/
Bus – There is a free shuttle from Joetsu Myoko Station to Arai Resort.
The last Shinkansen arrives to Joetsu Myoko Station at 22:38 to meet the complimentary 22:50 Resort Shuttle to Arai Resort.
The earliest Resort Shuttle from Arai Resort departs 07:20am to meet the 08:31 Shinkansen departing Joetsu Myoko Station.
The Resort Shuttles operate approximately every 3hours to/from Arai Resort and Myoko Joetsu Station. Timetables are available on request.
Bus – There is a free shuttle from Arai Resort to Joetsu Myoko Station. The earliest Resort Shuttle from Arai Resort departs 07:20am to meet the 08:31 Shinkansen departing Joetsu Myoko Station. The Resort Shuttles operate approximately every 3hours to/from Arai Resort and Myoko Joetsu Station. Timetables are available on request.
Rail – If you are travelling by rail to the airport, when you arrive at Tokyo Station, exit the Shinkansen ticket gates and follow the signs to the Narita Express. Take the escalators down to the Sobu Line where the train departs from platform 4. If not already organised with your SkiJapan.com consultant, the hotel staff will be able to assist you in arranging a transfer for your date of departure. Please be sure to confirm with them if payment is required prior to, or upon boarding the bus or shuttle service