170-304 Aza Yamada, Kutchan-Cho, Abuta Gun, Hokkaido, Japan
Office Hours: 08:00 – 20:00 during winter peak period
- A valid passport
- Flight E-ticket & itinerary
- Travel itinerary outlining accommodation, transfers & lift passes
- Any vouchers for services e.g. Lessons/Rental or other Services
- Travel insurance documents
If traveling by train, you can check train the latest train schedules on http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
- Paracetamol, cold & flu tablets, anti-inflammatories (good or strong medication can be difficult to get hold of in Japan)
- International power adapter for Japan Region Type “A” output. Ensure that your appliances have switching power supply and states: “Input/100v-240v” to be able to use your appliance in Japan. Appliances such as foreign hairdryers will not work in Japan.
If you have arranged your own transfer, please refer to your supplier’s information about what you need to do.
Please see the following links for information which could help with your transfer, should you have any questions;
- Fares and timetables for Japan Railway Company (Shinkansen, Tokyo – Nagano Station – Iiyama Station): http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/
- Information regarding the JR East Pass (Tohoku area) available to foreigners outside of Japan: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_t/index.html#locations
Please note: to exchange your E-ticket for the JR East Pass at the JR service desk at Haneda Airport, this desk does not open until 07:45am. For Narita, JR service desks do not open until 08:15am
- Fares and timetables for Nagano Snow Shuttle (Tokyo – Nagano): https://www.naganosnowshuttle.com/
From Iiyama Station: Nozawa Onsen Liner runs direct to Nozawa, from bus stop 4 outside main “Chikuma” exit. If arriving after 21:15pm you will need to take a taxi.
Note: Both of the above sections of information are according to the 2017/18 winter season, upcoming schedule is TBA.
Bus – If you have pre-booked a bus transfer service to Tokyo/Haneda/Narita with Nagano Snow Shuttle through SkiJapan.com, you will need to make your way to the Chuo Bus Terminal. Otherwise, there are some buses from Nozawa to Haneda, Narita Tokyo;
https://naganosnowshuttle.com/Route_Nozawa.aspx. Your itinerary will show your bus departure time. Please be at the bus stop 15 minutes before the departure time.
Rail – If you are travelling by rail to the airport, when you arrive at Tokyo Station, exit the Shinkansen ticket gates and follow the signs to the Narita Express. Take the escalators down to the Sobu Line where the train departs from platform 4. If not already organised with your SkiJapan.com consultant, the hotel staff will be able to assist you in arranging a transfer for your date of departure. Please be sure to confirm with them if payment is required prior to, or upon boarding the bus or shuttle service