170-304 Aza Yamada, Kutchan-Cho, Abuta Gun, Hokkaido, Japan
Office Hours: 08:00 – 20:00 during winter peak period
- A valid passport
- Flight E-ticket & itinerary
- Travel itinerary outlining accommodation, transfers & lift passes
- Any vouchers for services e.g. Lessons/Rental or other Services
- Travel insurance documents
- Paracetamol, cold & flu tablets, anti-inflammatories (good or strong medication can be difficult to get hold of in Japan)
- International power adapter for Japan Region Type “A” output. Ensure that your appliances have switching power supply and states: “Input/100v-240v” to be able to use your appliance in Japan. Appliances such as foreign hairdryers will not work in Japan.
If you have arranged your own transfer, please refer to your supplier’s information about what you need to do.
Please see the following links for information which could help with your transfer, should you have any questions;
- Fares and timetables for Japan Railway Company (Shinkansen, Tokyo – Nagano): http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/
- Information regarding the JR East Pass (Tohoku area) available to foreigners outside of Japan: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_t/index.html#locations
Please note: to exchange your E-ticket for the JR East Pass at the JR service desk at Haneda Airport, this desk does not open until 07:45am.
- Fares, timetables and bus stop for Nagano Snow Shuttle (Tokyo – Nagano): https://www.naganosnowshuttle.com/ & http://naganosnowshuttle.com/BusStops.aspx
If you have not prearranged a transfer from Nagano station, take a JR Shinetsu line to Myoko Kogen Station, which takes approx. 40 minutes. This train is also covered by the JR East Rail Pass. There is a free transfer between Myoko Station and Myoko accommodations (10 minutes). These transfers need to be pre-booked, so please check with your travel agent. You will need to provide them with the train number and arrival time for the transfer to be confirmed.
If you wish to amend your pre-booked pick-up time you will need to contact Chuo taxi a minimum of 4 days prior to the scheduled service.
Bus – If you have pre-booked a bus transfer service to Tokyo/Narita/Haneda with Nagano Snow Shuttle through SkiJapan.com, please be at the Akakura Bus Terminal 15 minutes before departure.
Rail – If you are travelling by rail to Narita airport, when you arrive at Tokyo Station, exit the Shinkansen ticket gates and follow the signs to the Narita Express. Take the escalators down to the Sobu Line where the train departs from platform 4.
If not already organised with your SkiJapan.com consultant, your hotel staff will be able to assist you in arranging a transfer for your date of departure. Please be sure to confirm with them if payment is required prior to, or upon, boarding the bus or train.
Myoko Snowsports also offer the latest international and Japanese brands in equipment hire and cater for 3 year olds and upwards. Pre booking of rental equipment is recommended.