170-304 Aza Yamada, Kutchan-Cho, Abuta Gun, Hokkaido, Japan
Office Hours: 08:00 – 20:00 during winter peak period
- A valid passport
- Flight E-ticket & itinerary
- Travel itinerary outlining accommodation, transfers & lift passes
- Any vouchers for services e.g. Lessons/Rental or other Services
- Travel insurance documents
Cash advances from credit cards, and the exchanging of travellers’ cheques, are available at several banks near Hakuba station. Cash withdrawals, using a non-Japanese bank card, from an ATM are available at Hakuba Post Office as well as the Happo information centre. Cash withdrawals, using an international debit or credit card such as Visa, Master Card or Amex, from an ATM are available at Hakuba “Seven-Eleven”. However please check with your bank to ensure your ATM card works internationally.
- Paracetamol, cold & flu tablets, anti-inflammatories (good or strong medication can be difficult to get hold of in Japan)
- International power adapter for Japan Region Type “A” output. Ensure that your appliances have switching power supply and states: “Input/100v-240v” to be able to use your appliance in Japan. Appliances such as foreign hairdryers will not work in Japan.
If you have arranged your own transfer, please refer to your supplier’s information about what you need to do.
Please see the following links for information which could help with your transfer, should you have any questions;
- Fares and timetables for Japan Railway Company (Shinkansen, Tokyo – Nagano): http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/
- Information regarding the JR East Pass (Tohoku area) available to foreigners outside of Japan: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_t/index.html#locations
Please note: to exchange your E-ticket for the JR East Pass at the JR service desk at Haneda Airport, this desk does not open until 07:45am.
- Fares, timetables and bus stop for Nagano Snow Shuttle (Tokyo – Nagano): https://www.naganosnowshuttle.com/ & http://naganosnowshuttle.com/BusStops.aspx
- Fares and timetables for Alpico Express Shuttle (Nagano – Hakuba): http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/english/
Bus – If you have pre- booked a bus transfer service to Tokyo City/Haneda Airport/Narita Airport, please be at the bus stop 15 minutes before the departure time. Check in will open 30 minutes prior to departure, and all passengers must be ready to board 10 minutes before departure.
Rail – If you are travelling to the airport by rail, when you arrive at Tokyo Station, exit the Shinkansen ticket gates and follow the signs to the Narita Express. Take the escalators down to the Sobu Line where the train departs from platform 4.
If not already organised with your SkiJapan.com consultant, the hotel staff will be able to assist you in arranging a transfer for your date of departure. Please be sure to confirm with them if payment is required prior to, or upon boarding the bus or shuttle service.
English speaking ski and snowboard lessons are available through Hakuba Snow Sports School. They offer both group and private lessons and a kid’s program. Pre booking is essential and can be done through your SkiJapan.com consultant prior to departure.
Equipment rental is available with Central Snowsports and booked through SkiJapan.com. They offer a comprehensive range of demo skis and boards for all snow conditions and high end skis for intermediate to advanced skiers. A free pick up service from your accommodation is also available. If you have pre-booked your rental, call 0261 85 0506 from your accommodation to arrange for your valet pick up. The last shuttle is at 7pm. Central Snowsports have three convenient store locations in Happo, Sakka and Goryu and are open 8am until 8pm. Guests can hire or return at any of the three stores and equipment storage available also.