How can I contact SkiJapan.com when in Japan?
170-304 Aza Yamada, Kutchan-Cho, Abuta Gun, Hokkaido, Japan
Office Hours: 08:00 – 20:00 during winter peak period
What documentation should I bring with me?
- A valid passport
- Flight E-ticket & itinerary
- Travel itinerary outlining accommodation, transfers & lift passes
- Any vouchers for services e.g. Lessons/Rental or other Services
- Travel insurance documents
My flight is delayed or I’m going to arrive at a different time, what do I do?
If traveling by train, you can check train the latest train schedules on http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
What happens if I miss my transfer due to flight delays?
Can I buy things using cash or credit card and how can I get money out?
Cash withdrawal using a non-Japanese bank card or credit card from an ATM is available at Shiga Kogen Post Office in Hirao.
Is there any other essential items I should be bringing with me?
- Paracetamol, cold & flu tablets, anti-inflammatories (good or strong medication can be difficult to get hold of in Japan)
- International power adapter for Japan Region Type “A” output. Ensure that your appliances have switching power supply and states: “Input/100v-240v” to be able to use your appliance in Japan. Appliances such as foreign hairdryers will not work in Japan.
I am arriving via a Tokyo airport, where do I go for my transfer to the resort?
If you have arranged your own transfer, please refer to your supplier’s information about what you need to do.
Please see the following links for information which could help with your transfer, should you have any questions;
- Fares and timetables for Japan Railway Company (Shinkansen, Tokyo – Nagano): http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/
- Information regarding the JR East Pass (Tohoku area) available to foreigners outside of Japan: http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/eastpass_t/index.html#locations
Please note: to exchange your E-ticket for the JR East Pass at the JR service desk at Haneda Airport, this desk does not open until 07:45am.
- Fares and timetables for Nagano Snow Shuttle (Tokyo – Nagano): https://www.naganosnowshuttle.com/
If you have not prearranged a transfer from Nagano station, Nagaden Express buses run direct to Shiga Kogen, from bus stop number 23 or 24, located at the East “Higashi” exit. Please note that the last bus departs at 9:00pm.
What do I do when leaving Shiga Kogen?
Bus – If you have pre-booked a bus transfer service to Tokyo or Narita Airport with Nagano Snow Shuttle, a representative will contact you on the day prior to the transfer. Please be at the bus stop at least 10 minutes before the departure time.
Rail – If you are travelling by rail to the airport, when you arrive at Tokyo Station, exit the Shinkansen ticket gates and follow the signs to the Narita Express. Take the escalators down to the Sobu Line where the train departs from platform 4.